Re: sp/hp/gr regen, were-creatures. Was: Re: CF: Alternate proposal: MARK the power crystals

>     I believe the direction we're going is away from pre-defined character
> classes and more toward skills based on usage.  If you want to start out as
> a fighter and learn magic later, go ahead.  Your initial choice will

I agree that this is the direction we've headed thus far, and I hope
we continue this way.

>     Basing regeneration on the player's class is a good idea, though.  Class

I don't like basing it on "class" but rather "race".

Human:  0 0 0
Fireborn: 0 0 3
So barbarian/cleric/mage/monk/ninja/priest/theif/viking/warrior/wizard
would all become deprecated, or subset of "human".

We could choose the face based on the char's highest level, or
on the equipment he has.

>     While I'm on the topic of character races, how about Lycanthropes?
> They'd need a special "shapeshifting" skill, to change from human form to
> were-form, which would be a little tricky to code, but would probably be
> interesting enough to be worth the effort.
>
> werewolf
> human form is barbarian, wolf form gets:
> +5 ac, no armour
> +5 wc, +5 dam, attacktype poison, no weapons
> +1 speed, +2 Str, +2 Dex, +2 Con

> werepanther
> human form is ninja, panther form gets:
> +7 ac, no armour
> +3 wc, +5 dam, attacktype poison, no weapons
> +2 speed, +1 Str, +3 Dex, +1 Con

These would both be very cool, though if we're going to have were-races,
we should make it general:  i.e., were-anything-in-the-game-except-undead.

PeterM