Re: CF: oddity in the pup_land raffle #2

> Seikoh Nishita wrote:
> >

> > o some pits and teleporters are used in order to move floors,
> >   teleporters and switches (e.g. "jungle", "lever", "no spell field")
>
>  This will need to be rethought.  I don't know what the purpose of that is, so
> can't really give a good workaround.

I use teleporters to move "no spell field" at the "Tower of Ordeal" in
Pupland. The entrance of it is on the 1st floor, and the center of the
1st floor enclosed by fences is the goal. But at first time, players
cannot go into the area because of "no spell field". At the end of
this quest, players come back to the 1st floor. After they pull a
lever, no spell fields are moved by teleporters, and they can arrive
at the goal by the spell, "dimension door".

At the first time I made this map set, I made two alternative maps for
1st floor, one had "no spell fields", another didn't have them. They
didn't have teleporters. But I think current maps (with teleporters)
are simpler than they used to be.

I'm not sure I need pits to drop "jungle" and "lever".

> > o some monsters have "exit". When a player kill them, he'll be able to
> >   enter next map.
>
>  Simple solution is to give the monster a special key, and then put the exit
> behind an appropriately locked door.

I thought of some "stage effects". I wanted players to see some
mysterious world in their vision(the world is made by some tough
monsters.) When they kill the monsters, the mysterious world made by
monsters will disapper and they'll find they are in a simple ordinary
room.

But, maybe this "stage effects" is not accepted in the crossfire world.

> > o some gates have hp and they aren't connected. Players can break
> >   and pass them.
>
>  This could perhaps be done with an earthwall.  If a gate face is needed,
> creating a new arch based on the earthwall would not be hard (except for the
> animation sequence, you could almost just take the earthwall and change the
> face.

OK. I'll make new arch.

> > o invisible stairs generators, boulder, gates.
>
>  Invisible stuff will need to be reworked (or more importantly, invisible
> objects that are supposed to be able to be made visible.)  A flag will probably
> be added to control that.

Actually, I'm not sure a new flag are needed for invisible stuff.
When I made maps on the old version of CF, if I wanted players not to
see invisible objects, I put them under the floor after I removed
invisible flag from them. (If they had the flag, they made flash by
the "show invisible" and players wondered if there is something
special.) And they didn't have any problem.

If you think of renewal of all map set in the future, we can make maps
in this manner without the new flag.

> > o some boulders prevent magic walls from invoking spells.
>
>  I'm guessing this is because the magic wall looks to see if the space it is
> about to cast on is blocked.  Not quite sure what will happen with that.

Magic walls can invoke magics quickly, and sometimes they make server
work too hard. (as a result, players cannot move quickly.)
To avoid from such problem, I used boulders at the map "/pup_land/magic".

At first, magic walls cannot invoke because of closed gate. When the
gate is open, they can invoke. After a while, a boulder moves in front
of them, and they cannot invoke again. I wanted to close the gate
instead of the boulder, but it couldn't because magic spells above it
prevented it from closing.

> > And how should we modify the maps?
>
>  I would definately wait until a 0.96.x release so there is a better idea what
> the revised objects will be like.

Ok. I'll wait for the new release.

-----
snishita