Re: CF: Re: "Monster" races

[...]
>  I think if anything, a first step would be to allow some of this/abilities
> via polymorph.  That way, a character can get some feel for these
> alternatives in a limited basis.  That may be interesting (imagine getting
> hit by polymorph and having to play a dog for a few minutes).  Since
> polymorph keeps the same mental, having that dog be able to read can then
> make sense.

I also agree with this approach to "other" races.  Note that if the
polymorph were to be caused by a disease which activates every full
moon, you're a lycanthrope.  I'd suggest that lycanthropy should be
immune to Cure Disease spells, though.  Players who *want* to be
werewolves or werelemurs or weregoldfish or whatever should still be
able to be cured of other diseases.  Perhaps a better alternative
would be to make lycanthropy provide complete immunity to both Cure
Disease spells and all other diseases.  Curing lycanthropy could
require a quest to find some special ingredients or locate the only
priest who knows the spell or something.

--
            -Dave Noelle,                 dave@Straylight.org
            -the Villa Straylight,  http://www.straylight.org

Disclaimer:#include <std_disclaim.sig>