Re: A couple questions

Sean McInerney wrote:

> As I start playing CF again I find these questions (newbieish) so bear with
> me!
>
> What exactly does a potion of invulnerability make you invuln. to?  I drank
> one then went after a big wizard and still took damage.

it gives immunity to physical attacktype. most bigger monsters in game have
other attacktypes as well so you need other protection also. in practise if you
dring invulnerability, fire res, cold res,  shock immunity and ethereality you
are quite safe against 99% of the game monsters. the dark angel hanuka, the lord
of chaos, the fire avatar and some of the dragon hangar monsters hit with such
attacktypes that can't be protected against.

> Also I am wondering if people play Wizard classes effectively.  I have
> always used a barbarian/warrior when I've played but am experimenting with a
> Magic User type.  Can these types effectively kill something like a big
> demon or a big wizard?  I don't see how they can.

big demon and big wizards are usually killed with bombs. I haven't found
anything else usefull except my dagger that kills one with one hit. especially
big wizards are immune for almost all spells and as a matter of fact there are
no powerfull high level spells that work for tougher monsters like dragons etc.
it's just bombs, bombs and more bombs...

--
.w w w. h o i k k a .c o m.
.+ 3 5 8 4 0 7 3 8 0 7 4 7.