Re: Been poking around with races--here are my findings...

Peter Mardahl wrote:

> lib/races is "authoratitive" in that it will reset any race it disagrees
> with.

 correct.  But in the end, it just means it is an easier way to get races up to
date than modify archetypes, and such an authoratative method is not really
needed.

> lib/races has other functions though.
> Apparently, it creates a datastructure such that a monster could
> be in two or more categories.  The datastructure is also searched
> for summoning spells, apparently.

 I would think that you could specify a comma seperated list in the archetypes
and make a monster a member of multiple races.

 The datastructure for summoning spells is a bit more complicated.  You could
generate it as you load the archetypes.

 This should be revisited more if we do need to add a subraces - at current time
it probably isn't really worth changing it much.