Re: CF: Needed feature: Server list

On Sat, 6 May 2000, Michael Toennies wrote:

> Hi
>
> One problem we have is, that it is difficult to find a open server (with
> good connect).
>
> Realtime.com have a list, but it is always out of date.

Which servers need to be updated?  Let me know, and I will make the
changes on the page.

> Why you don't set up a "server online" server?
>
> It is simple to build.  Perhaps realtime.com will let it run. (they will, i
> am sure :).

In the followup email to this, Mark Wedel mentions using a perl script.
(http://archives.real-time.com/rte-crossfire/2000/May/msg00007.html)

Is anyone interested in doing this?

I would need approval from one of the Net Admins before such a script is
added to the Crossfire site at Real Time.  Pretty much, they would want to
see the script first....

- Rick Tanner
leaf@real-time.com