Crossfire Archive

Re: CF: Multiple depleted stats and the effects of a Potion of Restorati

John Klar wrote:

> Somebody proposed changing the penalty for dying from a permanent
> loss of a random stat to a random stat depletion (along with making
> ability potions rare to unique).
>
> Liking this idea, I wandered thru the code to see what I could do to
> make that a reality.  Upon affecting the change, I suicided a few
> times (now THERE's a statement) and drank a potion of restoration.
>
> Hey!  ALL depleted stats are restored.  IMHO, a random stat should be
> restorred 1 point per potion.  (Maybe the cost should be reduced a
> little too)

Being an Angband fan and all, I have the humble hopinion that potions of
restoration would work as they currently do in crossfire. However, the
price may be changed, yes, and if they max all stats to what they were
when you created the character even after being slayed bazillions of
times, that needs to be fixed. If you die, you die, and should have to
put up with the penalties. After all, IRL it would be hard to quaff down
a potion after being killed ( duh ) ;)

Just my 0 cents ( Im on a free network ;P )

--
   Isak Styf    oxygen@ludd.luth.se    http://www.ludd.luth.se/~oxygen/
   Computer Science student at the Technological University of Luleå

   Ringgatan 32, S-974 34 Luleå, Sweden
   +46 (0)920 681 02