TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:27] Java references

My first java book was by Deitle and Deitle, Java2 How to Program,  it is a good book because it covers the basics plus it gets into the more advanced stuff e.g. servlets, jdbc, networking classes, java beans. Right now I am reading Professional Java Server Programming by Wrox, very good book, by programmers for programmers. Covers servlets, little bit of XML, JSP and a ton more. I've got a rpm of JDK1.2.2 that I use to develop on a linux box.

Christopher Reid Palmer wrote:

Hi kids,

What are the good Java books? Any recommendations? I've got my doubts
about the Sun ones -- they're half marketing from what I've been able to
tell in a brief skimming. Hello World isn't until page 52. :P

What are the good Java development environments for Linux?

--
Christopher Reid Palmer : http://www.innerfireworks.com/