TCLUG Development Archive

CVS questions

The company I work for needs to implement version control.

We also need to track version dependance, much like the Debian update
stuff.  For instance, we need to be able to track that version 2.5 of
class/package X requires version 1.4 or greater of class/package Y.

We are leaning toward CVS for the versioning.  Can it do the version
dependance tracking?

If not, is there something else that can?  We'd prefer not to have to
spend too much time developing scripts and such.

Thanks,

Bill