TCLUG Development Archive

Re: [TCLUG-DEVEL:270] CVS questions

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 12:04:56PM -0700, Bill Gladen wrote:
> The company I work for needs to implement version control.
>
> We also need to track version dependance, much like the Debian update
> stuff.  For instance, we need to be able to track that version 2.5 of
> class/package X requires version 1.4 or greater of class/package Y.
>
> We are leaning toward CVS for the versioning.  Can it do the version
> dependance tracking?
>
> If not, is there something else that can?  We'd prefer not to have to
> spend too much time developing scripts and such.

	Finally, someone asking something other than a fiddly-bit Java
question.  *big grin*

	No, CVS doesn't do that as far as I know.  You'd have to keep
that information external to CVS.  I don't know of any package that does
do it.

Have fun (if at all possible),
--
Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence. It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.  Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet

PGP signature