MP3 Player, TClug projects, Motherboard

First:

I am building an MP3 player for my car. I was wondering if anyone else has done
this around the cities. i'd like to see their implementation.
I'd also like some pointers to good books on UNIX programming. I've got some stu
ff figured out. I am getting to working with shared memory and semaphores and st
uff.

Second:

Are there any tclug projects that I could help out on? I'd like to contribute to
 the linux effort, but don't know eactly where to start.

Third:

I am looking for used pentium motherboards (for the mp3 player). I am especially
 interested in AT style motherboards with built in sounds (no CMI8330 ships, the
y have bad sound quality). Anyone have ony with Ensoniq PCI, Yamaha or ESS built
 -in that you are willing to sell?

Ben