Re: [TCLUG:5080] RE: Computer turn on

>I've got a very nice surge protector designed for computers connected to
>my computer, but maybe it wasn't enough. Don't UPS's start at over a
>hundred dollars?

Retail markup at your basic computer superstore is really really high on
those things...  You can usually get a pretty good deal on the internet or
at a local VAR.  I've found J/Com computers in Uptown Minneapolis to be a
great place for parts (jcom-computers.com, i think).

Even an entry-level UPS system will cover most needs.  Most folks don't care
if they can use the computer for hours during a blackout (i said MOST
folks...), but these things are invaluable for brownouts and stuff.  I got a
low-end one a few years ago cos all the lights in the house would dim when
the AC kicked in.