Re: [TCLUG:5097] Midnight Commander

  Hi,

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Hugh Johnson wrote:

> Thanks. In hindsight, I think that was probably one of those dumb
> questions only a Mac luser could ask, right?

Nah, you didn't ask what .hqx is and how to UnSit a .bin file and why the
mouse has so many buttons and why the computer doesn't smile when you turn
it on.

> Maybe I should just generalize my question: how do you get MidNight
> Commander to work?

I'd say compile it yourself - that way it's sure to use the library
versions you have.

Have you installed Gnome? After I installed it, my regular 'mc' stopped
working. However, 'gmc' works. gmc is apparently a GUI'd Midnight
Commander. It also lets you drag icons onto the desktop (maybe it needs a
Gnome-compliant WM, I dunno).

-Yaron