some newbie questions

Greetings all, I am new to the list, and Linux, and have run into some
snags during the final process of installing linux on my machine and am
looking for some clarification.

I installed redhat 5.2 on my system (along with win95 and BeOS using Be's
boot manager which worked beautifully by the way).  Everything seems to be
fine, except with Xwindows.

My video card (diamond viper 550, TNT chipset) was not supported out of the
box, however I found a patch on redhats webpage
(XFree86-3_3_3_1-1_i386.rpm).  However as I dont have my modem working with
linux I had to download it onto my dos partition.  Thus leading me to my
first two questions:

1) How do I mount that drive (HD1 partition 1), and will I be able to copy
the package over and install it without trouble.

2) How do i get my ppp working? (I have a true modem (not a winmodem), but
it is pci.  I get 10 strings of gobblygook when I type in "pppd".  What now?)

Thanks for any help
nate