Re: [TCLUG:5108] some newbie questions

> 1) How do I mount that drive (HD1 partition 1), and will I be able to
> copy
> the package over and install it without trouble.

You should not have any problems coping over your files to your Linux
(ext2) partition.
To mount your win95 partition type:
 mount -t vfat /dev/whatever /moutn-point

Where whatever is the partition(drive), and mount-point is were you
want it mounted to.
For example on my system I have
mount -t vfat /dev/hda1 /mnt/win95

> 2) How do i get my ppp working? (I have a true modem (not a
> winmodem), but
> it is pci.  I get 10 strings of gobblygook when I type in "pppd".
> What now?)

As far as the getting the modem to work, I am also eagerly awaiting a
reply. I have not been able to get dialed in to the U-of-M yet. I have
tried with gnome-ppp. It connects, but can not get it to authenticate.
I would appreciate any suggestions.

-Steve