Re: [TCLUG:5111] openGL / mesa

Mesa works great.  It worked great two years ago when I used Mesa and GLUT
and Linux to develop code for the lab assignments in a graphics course I
was taking.  Then I'd telnet to the U of M, and recompile on SGI IRIX with
OpenGL so I could turn the assignment in.  It's pretty closely compatible
with the OpenGL standard.

I haven't tried Metro OpenGL, so I can't comment on it technically.  The
obvious con is the lack of freedom that comes along with non-free
software.  Then, there's also the out of pocket expense.