Re: [TCLUG:5134] Midi doesn't work on 2.2 kernels

> Ever since I upgrated my kernel to 2.2x playmidi doesn't work. Anyone
> know why? I tried a few different machines and I don't get any sound at
> all.

Hmm.. FM MIDI seems to work fine on my system.  I have a trusty ol'
SB16, so that could be part of it.  (I've never played with the MIDI
UART under Linux)

Regardless, here's some stuff to look at.

The following lines are in my /etc/conf.modules:

alias midi opl3
options -k opl3 io=0x388

The following lines show up after running 'cat /dev/sndstat':

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL3

Midi devices:
0: Sound Blaster 16

And, of course, check to make sure that the MIDI volume is actually
turned on..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.3