Re: [TCLUG:5134] Midi doesn't work on 2.2 kernels

Perhaps I should have been a little more specific. I am running RH 5.2
with all the latest updates. I playmidi on 3 different machines, all
with different soundcards. One of them is an original SB16. Here is the
output of /dev/sndstat from my machine here at work:

OSS/Free:3.8s2++-971130
Load type: Driver compiled into kernel
Kernel: Linux kramer.cfsmo.honeywell.com 2.2.5 #1 Mon Mar 29 11:16:25
CST 1999 i686
Config options: 0

Installed drivers:
Type 21: CS4232
Type 22: CS4232 MIDI
Type 1: OPL-2/OPL-3 FM
Type 26: MPU-401 (UART)

Card config:
CS4232 MIDI at 0x330 irq 11 drq 0
CS4232 at 0x530 irq 5 drq 0,1
OPL-2/OPL-3 FM at 0x388 drq 0

Audio devices:
0: Crystal audio controller (CS4236) (DUPLEX)

Synth devices:
0: Yamaha OPL3

Midi devices:
0: MPU-401 (UART) MIDI

Timers:
0: System clock
1: Crystal audio controller (CS4236)

Mixers:
0: Crystal audio controller (CS4236)

And the volume is turned up.

The playmidi command just exists immediately. I tried a few different
midi files too.
If I add the -a switch to xplaymidi it looks like it's playing
something, but no sound.

Clay