Re: [TCLUG:5229] Need Help

LINUX NEWBIE...

I need some help on setting up Linux. I am unfamiliar with it since I work
with PC's with Windows. I've got Linux Red hat 5.2 installed in another drive
on my pentium 200. Im using system commander to try to boot to linux but it
crashes on trying to load. I noticed that on the install of Red Hat it asked
where I wanted to put the boot loader. Either in master on my main drive or
in the drive that has linux installed. I was afraid to put it in my master
boot record without knowing the results. I have win 98 on my C:\ drive and
want to keep it there.

3 questions
1. Is it ok to install Linux in the master boot record during the install if
you have win 98 on your primary drive and LINUX on the secondary. Does it set
its own dual boot? What will happen?
2. I read in the installation screens that it will give you a choice to boot
to other operating systems. I tried installing the boot record on the
secondary drive but cant dual boot. System commander delux works fine with
win 98 but cannot find Linux.

3. Can my Linux server be set up to on the internet as a webserver. How is
this done? What type of equipment and connectivity do I need? I am looking
into cable modems. DSL or even T1. Is it possible to use 56k, DSL or cable
modems?

Any websites or books that I can use to get these instructions and info
easily??

Reply to uforia@prodigy.net
Thanx in advance