Re: [TCLUG:5260] ATX power supply problem

At 01:27 PM 4/12/99 -0500, you wrote:
>The  motherboard is an FIC PA-2011 with both AT and ATX connections.
>I will look for jumper tonight when I get home.
>
>Kevin
>
>Michael Hicks wrote:
>
>> > Got a new Image ATX case with ATX power supply.  I hooked up all the
>> > connections correctly, double and triple checking connection.  I turn on
>> > power and nothing happens.
>>
>> Did you transplant the guts of an old AT into this ATX box?  I did that
>> a couple of weeks ago..  I pushed the power button -- nothing happened.
>> Then I realized there was a jumper I had to set on the mobo to tell it
>> that it was in an ATX box..

I just ordered a FIC VA503+.  Do I get this straight, you can use an ATX
case/power supply if A) the case supports the Baby AT form factor (by this
I mean the screw placement) and B) the motherboard takes an ATX connector
(this motherboard has both a 12 pin standard power connector and a 20 pin
ATX power connector)

Perry Hoekstra - dutchman@mn.uswest.net
All that is Microsoft does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old AT&T Unix that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by frost.

From the ashes of Spec1170 a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the Unix OS that was broken,
Linux shall be king.