Re: [TCLUG:5260] ATX power supply problem

On Mon, 12 Apr 1999, Perry Hoekstra wrote:

> I just ordered a FIC VA503+.  Do I get this straight, you can use an ATX
> case/power supply if A) the case supports the Baby AT form factor (by this
> I mean the screw placement) and B) the motherboard takes an ATX connector
> (this motherboard has both a 12 pin standard power connector and a 20 pin
> ATX power connector)

Yep, I did that a month or so ago.  I got a Tyan S-1590S, which is a Super
7 with 8 useable card slots--4 PCI, 2 ISA, one shared PCI/ISA, and an AGP
slot. I looked all over and I could only find ATX cases with 7 card slots.
So I bought one.  The case was great, the way it came apart so easily and
seemed so roomy.  But, when I mounted the motherboard, I found that the
card slot that didn't match up was the AGP one.  I had already picked out
an AGP video card that I wanted, so I took the case back and exchanged it
for an AT case.

I guess the moral of the story is 7 slots is better than 8.