Re: [TCLUG:5285] NTS4 vs. Linux study from Mindcraft.

One interesting thing I saw was that Mindcraft has found that NT is also
faster than Novell and Sun servers.  I find it VERY difficult to believe
that NT is faster than Netware just because Netware has so little
overhead.  I haven't seen the Sun comparison but I would assume that's
pretty bogus too.  Novell's website stops just short of calling the
Mindcraft people idiots.

I think a study like this would be better done with 2 identical machines
and 3 teams.  A Linux team, an NT team and a client team.  The first two
teams would setup their machines and tweak them appropriately.  Then the
client team (who would be as objective as possible) would beat on them and
report the results.