Apple Laserwriter II NTX and Linux.

To make a long story short my girlfriend's mother's work was throwing one
of these out.  Not to be one to let a postscript printer like this one to
go to an early grave I snagged it and started nursing it back to health.
This particular model can be interfaced to either a localtalk port or
serial port (9600, 7N1, hardware or software).  After spending some time
working with the printer-HOWTO and 'man stty' and tweaking various
settings I got it to print via the serial port.  However, when the page
finishes printing the port on the printer doesn't close -- the print light
blinks as if its still recieving data.  The serial port on the box does
close as soon as data stops flowing.  I'm willing to spend some more time
working with the serial side (I know it works since I hooked it up to a
windoze box and got it to work fine) but if I can't get it to go I'll have
to go the Netatalk route.  Only problem with this is I've looked in bunch
of places and can't find a localtalk-to-ethernet transceiver (or a
localtalk-to-anything transceiver, for that matter).   Does anyone have
any ideas regarding either the serial port setup or where to find some
kind of localtalk converter?

TIA,
--
Jim Raney

"I poured spot remover on my dog.  Now he's gone."	--Steven Wright

"At no time is freedom of speech more precious than when a man hits his
thumb with a hammer."    			-- Marshall Lumsden