Re: [TCLUG:5355] What does this mean?

On Thu, 15 Apr 1999, Lawrence L. Crisp wrote:

> Can anyone tell me what this means?  I think I may have accidently hit the
> reset button on one of my systems, and the first thing in the logs is this:
>

> Apr 15 18:15:00 x39-67 kernel: Uhhuh. NMI received. Dazed and confused, but
> trying to continue
>

> Is this bad?

Non-Maskable-Interrupt.  Not neccesarrily bad.  Some systems allow you
to send an NMI via a reset button (some IRIX systems do).  I wasn't aware
that the reset button on a standard PC would do this though.  Cool!

Dan

Dan Mack (mack@sgi.com)      <http://thistle.cray.com/~mack>
Information Services	                        651-683-7288
Silicon Graphics / Eagan, MN              - -- --- --- -----