Re: [TCLUG:5395] hardware compatibility question

schewe@tcfreenet.org wrote:
> Yes, this is the same card, Creative Labs just repackaged it.  Is it
> only cd sound that has the balance problem?  No other line in or wav or
> pcm?

Wavs and mp3s and such work fine. I haven't messed much with my
microphone using this card so I can't comment on that. Quake and quake II
work fine as well. So the cd balance thing is basically the only problem
I've noticed. Considering that audio files work fine and I can rip from cd
to wav with no balance problems, I wonder if it may just be the cable
linking my cd-rom with the card.

Hans

--
Hans D Umhoefer (spudling@acm.cs.umn.edu)