Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 16:42:49 -0400
From: Emily Forster <eforster@redhat.com>
To: lugmaster@redhat.com
Cc: cddeyoun@rconnect.com, bj010030@state.net, tomc@kendeco.com
Subject: Red Hat Road Tour

Dear Minnesota LUGS,

Red Hat will be going on a Road Show from the beginning of May through the
middle of July.  We will be putting on events at retail stores and evening
presentations/demos with Red Hat partners.  I'm writing to you because
we will be coming to your area on this tour and would like to host this event
in conjunction with your group.

Here are the areas we are going to be coming to:

Atlanta				Austin
Boston				Chicago
Denver				Los Angeles
Miami				Minneapolis
New York City			San Jose
Seattle				Washington, DC

We are looking for a facility to have the evening presentation that can
accommodate between 500 and 1000 people.  We need assistance in finding such
a venue (whether it be at a university, hotel, auditorium, etc.)  It should
also have a small area that can accomodate roughly 8 tabletop displays
(six foot tables.)  A theater-style auditorium would work best because
seats would already be in place.  We would appreciate your help as you are
more familiar with the city and what Linux users would enjoy.  We want to
make this an interesting event for your user group's members.

Your user group would be considered a sponsor of the event and highlighted
on our website and in event promotions.  We are working with partners to
have lots of door prizes at the event.  Speakers from Red Hat would vary
from city to city, but would include: Bob Young, Erik Troan, Donnie
Barnes, and other developers.

Please let me know if this sounds like something you would like to participate
in and if you know of an appropriate venue in your area.

We expect to be in Minneapolis from July 16th to July 17th.  Do these dates
conflict with any major events planned in your area?

Please respond as soon as possible to let us know if you can be of assistance.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Emily Forster
eforster@redhat.com