RE: [TCLUG:5477] Cat and a few other questions...

> Just a couple of questions.
>
> 1.  I have 4 .wav files, lets say   a.wav, b.wav, c.wav, & d.wav.  I
> want to cat them together to form e.wav.  Does anyone know the correct
> way to accomplish this.  I looked at man cat and cat --help but was a
> little lost on the actual command.

	cat a.wav b.wav c.wav d.wav >> e.wav

> 2.  I have a 150 mhz and want to upgrade to a faster CPU.  Are
> overdrives or CPU upgrades worth the money and effort or would I be
> better of just buying a new system.

	You don't mention your motherboard, socket or CPU type, but I'm guessing
you're probably running a 150MhZ Pentium or Pentium Pro, Socket 7.  If so, I
believe you would probably be better off investigating a Celeron or AMD
system, both of which can be got pretty cheaply.  I run Linux at home on a
233 MhZ Pentium 2, a system which can be had for practically nothing
nowadays, and I have no complaints about speed.

> 3.  I am looking at a Sony VAIO Laptop.  Anyone have any luck running RH
> 5.2 on this system?

	I have no idea.  However, I've heard some of the VAIO laptops have
extremely slow drive access times.  While this doesn't affect compatibility,
it is a severe drawback.  On the other hand, this may only affect the VAIO
subnotebooks, I'm not sure.