Re: [TCLUG:5477] Cat and a few other questions...

> 1.  I have 4 .wav files, lets say   a.wav, b.wav, c.wav, & d.wav.  I
> want to cat them together to form e.wav.  Does anyone know the correct
> way to accomplish this.  I looked at man cat and cat --help but was a
> little lost on the actual command.

cat-ing the files together probably won't work -- they would all have different
headers (I think).  Most likely, a player would still only play the first sound
of the four..  A 'broken' player might go through the whole thing.   You'd
probably have the most luck with one of the scant few .wav editors out there for
Linux..

> 2.  I have a 150 mhz and want to upgrade to a faster CPU.  Are
> overdrives or CPU upgrades worth the money and effort or would I be
> better of just buying a new system.

I would recommend getting a new motherboard (If your case has the right
dimensions.  A new board is a lot cheaper than a new system (and sometimes
better/cheaper/faster than some of those CPU upgrades..)

> 3.  I am looking at a Sony VAIO Laptop.  Anyone have any luck running RH
> 5.2 on this system?

I've heard that Linus has a VAIO, so you could contact him *grin*  Of course,
maybe that's just a rumor.

Now that I think about it, I believe that there are a couple different VAIOs out
there.  You'd probably have the most trouble with the ultra-ultra-thin ones - I
understand their port replicator thingy had a semi-proprietary interface..

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.5