Netscape causes unreadable text

When I am running netscape all is well, but if I bring up a pop up menu there is
a good chance that it make all the text in X unreadable.  In order to fix the
text I have to log out of X and start it back up.  At first I thought my Video
card was going bad but a co-worker said that he used to have the same problem.
Said he upgraded his Netscape and it fixed the problem.  Well, I just upgraded
to Communicator 4.51 and still have the problem.  Anyone have any idea what is
going on?

Nate Strand