Re: [TCLUG:5594] NO TCLUG meeting this Saturday.

> Maybe with all the new distros coming out we could have a mini-install
> fest.  I'd like to try loading RH 6.0 on my Toshiba laptop but I'm a bit
> nervous about getting pc card/pcmcia stuff working.

I'm (still) working on downloading an iso image of RH 6.0 from MIT (93% done)  I
was wondering if anyone would like me to upload that somewhere (No, I'm not
gonna serve it myself -- I don't need to get in trouble..)

Of course, I might be able to get a friend or two to make some extra CDs, if
anyone wants..

On the subject of meeting topics, I've got a few ideas for future meetings:

* New Distributions
  I hear Caldera has a nice new way of installing (play tetris while you install
;-)  Plus, what sorts of wacky things can we do with RH6 or any others?
* IPv6
  Next generation Internet Protocol (but maybe I'm the only one that finds that
interesting)
* Security
  What to do to keep your system safe from crackers..  Services to avoid, neat
tricks, etc., etc...
* Gnome/KDE
  That hasn't been done yet, has it?
* 3D stuff
  How to set up a VooDoo (or maybe TNT) card, and get it to work with OpenGL and
other fun 3D things, plus maybe some generic Mesa stuff..
* CD Burning
  What devices work (IDE? SCSCI?), how well do they work (can I still browse the
web while burning?), etc...

Anyway, just a few ideas...

--
|               Mike Hicks | Linux User Since: 1.2.13
: http://umn.edu/~hick0088 | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu
`              icq:6883760 | Current Kernel: 2.2.5