Re: [TCLUG:5645] need more ptys

I just ran
/usr/sbin/fuser -u -v -m /dev/pty*

and every /dev/pty?? has the same list of lots of programs using it. Does
this mean that every program is using every /dev/pty?? I have, or ...?
I have 256 /dev/pty??, but they all seem full.

Any ideas?

Ben

/dev/ptyzf           root          1 ....m  init
                     root         73 ....m  kerneld
                     root        160 ....m  portmap
                     root        165 ....m  cannaserver
                     root        176 ....m  syslogd