Re: [TCLUG:5666] VA Research buys LHS and Enlightenment

Neal Tovsen wrote:

> Does Mandrake have it's own interface? The article says "agreed to acquire
> Enlightenment Solutions, a supplier of open source graphical windowing
> software." That sounded a lot like the Enlightment WM to me, but I've never
> used anything relating to the Mandrake distro, so I could definitely be
> wrong.

The story is that Geoff Harrison, one of the two main developers for the
Enlightenment WM (the other is Raster, who works at Redhat now) recently
started up a business to make software for easier configuration of web
servers (or something like that), called Enlightened Solutions (or
something like that).  The new company has nothing to do with
Enlightenment WM, other than the fact that Geoff happens to work on
both.  Then along comes VA and buys up Geoff's new company, mere months
after he started it.  How about that!

Mandrake is Geoff's pseudonym, but he has nothing to do with the
Mandrake Linux distribution.

John

P.S.--Sorry about the messed-up timestamp.  I recently upgraded to
Communicator 4.51 and can't figure out how to get it to use the local
timezone.  Any help would be greatly appreciated (it also displays the
times in GMT, ecch).