Re: [TCLUG:7287] more netscape ldap questions

On Sat, Jul 31, 1999 at 09:34:28PM -0700, Ben Luey (lueyb@carleton.edu) wrote:
> I'm running (experimenting with) openldap on my computer. I have the
> following basic setup for /etc/ldap/slapd.conf:
>
> database        ldbm
> suffix          "o=Ben Tech Int, c=US"
> directory       /var/ldap
> rootdn          "cn=root, o=Ben Tech Int, c=US"
> rootpw          secret
>
> I'm trying to get netscape to login in to the ldap server as root so I can
> add entries. What do I put in for server root and for login name? I've
> tried blank and O=BEN TECH INT,C=US for server root and root for username,
> but I always get either an unknown error or no such object.

I don't think you can modify entries w/ Netscape's Addressbook.  Just
view them.  The username/password in Netscape would be needed if you're
not allowing anonymous read access to your ldap server.

In Netscape, your Server Root would be the same as your suffix.

A tool I use for modifying is a gtk client called gq:

	http://biot.com/gq/

works pretty well.

--
Amy Tanner                                      Voice: 612.943.8700
Real Time Enterprises, Inc.	                  Fax: 612.943.8500