Re: [TCLUG:7297] Getting ready for the Great Leap Forward

"Trainor, Kevin T." wrote:

> Now that my old CDROM has finally broken and must be replaced, I'm
> thinking that I should go ahead and upgrade the processor and the video
> card as well. Any opinions on whether I should get one of the AMD/Cyrix
> x86 CPUs as opposed to a Pentium II, or does it matter? I'll be running
> Caldera's OpenLinux 2.2, if that makes a difference.

I've been looking at this setup:

Dual Celeron Motherboard Abit BP6
2x Celeron 333A SMP capable overclocked to 550.

I've seen some good benchmarks on this setup.

Otherwise, consider a K7 when it's released, otherwise, go with a PII
Celeron or PII.

Jer