Re: [TCLUG:7294] The LinuxStore - Linux, Redhat, Element-L, Hardware, Software, Processor, Memory, RAM, Notebook, Hard Drives, Linux Modems, Monitor

I too can not resist the $30 price tag. wating my boxes arrive this week.

Here's what I know about the box so far:
-- barebone system, no hd, no floppy, no memory
-- It's a alpha 166 box
-- uses SCSI controller
-- uses true parity memory
-- IDE laptop hd can be used
-- Linux sotre offers 1.2g, 2.1g, and several other size hd starting from
@40.
-- Linux store offers 16mb and 32mb parity memory for $50 and $89.

some people on the net reported running NT, Redhat on the Multia box.  seems
like extra $200 is needed to get the parts and make it work.  The True
parity memory is hard to get and  expensive.  because the box is very slim
and small, big hard drive may overheat.  Laptop hard drive (SCSI/IDE) seems
to be the choice.

Any other people orderred the system ? May be we can exchange info about
where to get cheaper parts (memory/hd/floppy/cdrom) and make this box rock
on Linux -:)

her eis a link for more Multia doc
http://www.cpumicromart.com/files/multia.htm

Song