Re: [TCLUG:7294] The LinuxStore - Linux, Redhat, Element-L, Hardware, Software, Processor, Memory, RAM, Notebook, Hard Drives, Linux Modems, Monitor

Song Chen wrote:

> I too can not resist the $30 price tag. wating my boxes arrive this week.
>
> Here's what I know about the box so far:
> -- barebone system, no hd, no floppy, no memory
> -- It's a alpha 166 box
> -- uses SCSI controller
> -- uses true parity memory
> -- IDE laptop hd can be used
> -- Linux sotre offers 1.2g, 2.1g, and several other size hd starting from
> @40.
> -- Linux store offers 16mb and 32mb parity memory for $50 and $89.
>
> some people on the net reported running NT, Redhat on the Multia box.  seems
> like extra $200 is needed to get the parts and make it work.  The True
> parity memory is hard to get and  expensive.  because the box is very slim
> and small, big hard drive may overheat.  Laptop hard drive (SCSI/IDE) seems
> to be the choice.
>
> Any other people orderred the system ? May be we can exchange info about
> where to get cheaper parts (memory/hd/floppy/cdrom) and make this box rock
> on Linux -:)

  I'm _trying_ to order one, no responce to my email yet though...

Question, does it have an onboard scsi controller, or must you add one?
Any Graphics card included?  I saw one web site that mentioned the Diamond
Stealth line
worked well in these buggers.
Thank's for any additional info...
RS