Re: [TCLUG:7294] The LinuxStore - Linux, Redhat, Element-L, Hardware,Software, Processor, Memory, RAM, Notebook, Hard Drives, Linux Modems,Monitor

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Song Chen wrote:

> >   I'm _trying_ to order one, no responce to my email yet though...
> Seems like they removed the phone number which was on the web site. I called
> them last week and talke dto the person you emailed to.
>

> > Question, does it have an onboard scsi controller, or must you add one?

Most model support both, some are just missing the internal ribbon cable
(it's proprietary).

> depends on the models shipped, you may get either onboard scsi controller or
> external scsi port.
>
> > Any Graphics card included?  I saw one web site that mentioned the Diamond
>
> comes with 2mb onboard video chip.  seems to working fine from what I read
> on the net.

Works fine, except for the fact that it only supports 256 colors, if I
remember right.

> > Stealth line
> > worked well in these buggers.
> > Thank's for any additional info...
> > RS
>
> I haven't got my box yet thus don't have any hands on experience.  They
> dis-continued the phone inquiry.  I was able to talk to the sales person
> last week.  He wasn't too technical about the specs of the box.  My email
> inquiries to tech support were answered last week but not this week.  They
> may got a lot calls and emails now inquiring the Multia box.

I have one, so feel free to ask anything else.

---
Nate Carlson
The Infinite Loop
natecars@infiniteloop.com