Re: [TCLUG:7347] NFS errors

The stock Redhat6.0 kernel has the  nfs services built into it.
While knfsd-1.2.2-4 needs the nfs services built into the kernel.
Your 2.2.10 compile does not have the nfs server built into the kernel.

Even though the nfs server is built into the kernel it still requires
the "nfsd" to start it up. The nfs daemon only makes a kernel call to
setup the nfs service in the kernel. So even though the "daemon" is
present which is what is started up by the "/etc/rc.d/init.d/nfs start"
command or during the boot process, when it asks the kernel to setup
the virtual filesystem service for NFS it does not find that function
in the kernel and hence the message that you see.

So you will not be able to use knfsd without support for nfs in the
kernel. Look for the "nfsd" package instead.

Hope this helps,
sandipan