Netscape unable to resolve host names

Hi,

I recently got DSL connection from US West.
I am using dhcp, and running 'named'. I have netscape communicator
4.61.

The problem is nslookup works fine from command line.
I'm using 'direct connection to internet' setting, in
netscape preferences.
But for some reason, netscape is unable to resolve the
host names. If I give IP address, then netscape can
access the page correctly.

Earlier when I was using ppp, I remeber reading
somewhere (faqs/how-to) that if netscape is running
before ppp connection is made, then netscape runs into
similar problem. Does this has anything to do with my
current problem ?

TIA,

-Mandar