RE: [TCLUG:7430] Netscape unable to resolve host names

Eric,
First of all, thanks for your suggestions.

As per your suggestion, I started netscape from
cmdline, and noticed that, when started as root,
netscape works fine, but non-root doesn't. (since
earlier I was always starting it from icon, I thought
it never worked)

As it turns out, my /etc/resolv.conf had read
permission only to root. For non-root, nslookup worked
only for cached entries. (which I didn't realize
earlier)

Giving read permission to everyone solved the problem.

-Mandar