hosts.deny logging

I am getting closer to having time to setup some proper ipchains rules but
I have a fairly immediate need to deny a certain IP from connecting to my
computer.  I have put the address in the hosts.deny file.  I am wordering
if it is possible to get the tcpd daemon to write a message to the log file
when this host trys to connect.

I say how this is possible with ipchains, but is there a quick way to do it
with hosts.deny?  Or is it just best to spend the time and set up ipchains
to do it?  I checked out the man page and some of my other reference
material but I couldn't find any reference to what I want to do.

Thanks

Dave