Re: [TCLUG:7474] Semi-off-topic: Speaker noise

  Hi,

On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Joe Laha wrote:

> OK, I'm going to flex my AV geek muscles here. Buzzing in speakers usually
> means something is not grounded correctly, check your speaker cables for
> broken insulation, exposed wires..ect. After that try looking at your plugs,
> make sure you're using three-prong plugs when plugging into the wall.
> Hope that helps.

Well, since I tried with about 5 different self-amplifying speakers, I
don't think it's a cable problem. However, the 3-prong thing gave me
somewhat of a clue... all these speakers come with a 2-prong AC adapter.
Anything I can do about THAT?

I tried those FM chokes form Radio Shock, but to no avail!

-Yaron