Re: [TCLUG:7491] #! Problem!

Send reply to:  	tclug-list@mn-linux.org
From:           	"Mike Glaser" <jurupari@geocities.com>
To:             	tclug-list@listserv.real-time.com
Date sent:      	Wed, 11 Aug 1999 17:23:23 -0500
Subject:        	[TCLUG:7491] #! Problem!

> I am trying to pick up the Perl language and have started to write a
> few little scripts. One problem, placing the '#!usr/bin/perl' at the
> front of my scripts doesn't allow them to execute. How do I enable
> this ability?? What do you even call it?? I had trouble even
> describing it.

Duuuuhhh

I figured out the problem - I needed the / before the usr/bin/perl. I
couldn't even get that to go at first after adding it because I
forgot the ./ before the file I was trying to run. Sometimes there is
a bit much for a novice to remember. Thanks to those that did reply -
and yes, I remember someone refering to it as the she-bang before!

Mike