Re: [TCLUG:7516] GTK and GIMP - versioning problems...

> I've since downloaded the latest version of Gimp and it will NOT install
> with GTK+-1.2.3, it's looking for 1.2.0 (I think).
>
> The listed solution in the INSTALL file is to remove the incorrect GLIB/GTK
> files...this is where I start losing my cool a little - what files??

Try doing 'locate libgtk' or 'locate libgdk'
This will tell you where the GTK/Glib stuff was installed. If you installed an
RPM, I'd bet it's in /usr/lib, if you compiled it yourself, probably
/usr/local/lib

The files in question are pretty much everything starting with libgtk, libgdk,
and maybe libglib, if I remember correctly. Alternately, you could download an
older RPM of GTK+ (try http://rpmfind.net or RedHat mirrors) and install it
using 'rpm -i'. I'd recommend removing older RPMs first 'rpm -e'. I
experimented for a while having the stable and developer's versions of GTK+
coexisting on my box in different locations...it was a horrible mess.

Good luck,

Joel