Re: [TCLUG:7524] 2nd CDROM

On 12 Aug, David Guy Brizan wrote:
> A SCSI ROM may show up as /dev/scd? (where scd0 is the first, scd1 is
> the second...). Or maybe that's only Slackware running on a PS/2?

This is right, SCSI cd roms show up /dev/scd0, /dev/scd1...  scd0 is
the cdrom with the lowest SCSI ID.  Hard drives are /dev/sda,
/dev/sdb... where sda is the drive with the lowest SCSI ID.  This means
that if you have a drive at 0 and one at 3, then add one at 2, all your
mount points get screwed up.  I've seen packages out there that keep
them constant based on SCSI ID, I just haven't taken the time to set
them up, although I probably should soon.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe