Re: [TCLUG:7534] shared firectories

A note about permissions: 'cd' permission for directories is dependent on
+x permission. So be sure you make the shared directory mode 770 (as
opposed to 760). Then make sure you add yourself to the shared group and
logout and back in (in order to reread the group info -- tcsh can't just
'rehash' to reread group info, has to log out and back in). Check your
group membership with the 'groups' command, then check 'cd' priviledges
again. Hope this helps.

On Fri, 13 Aug 1999, Joel A. Koepp wrote:

> --- Tim Wilson <wilson@chemsun.chem.umn.edu> wrote:
> > I'd like to create a directory for sharing documents with my 9th grade
> > science colleagues.
<snip>