RE: [TCLUG:7538] printing (lpr/lpd?) problems

whoops. I should clarify a few things:
>Take good notes of what works and what doesn't.  See if you can reproduce it
>working under vt100.  I wonder if it's using terminal pass-through printing,
>where the print job goes through the terminal emulator to your default
>client printer (assuming you're using Windows clients).  That's the only way
>of printing I can think of that depends on your terminal emulation.
        the term emulator is a windows client; the printer is not.

>If you hook a printer to the parallel port on your server, and use ">
>/dev/lp1'" does it print normally?
        it prints fine from the command line; however, I don't know how to
configure it for OSAS, and it gives me some strange error about the
operating system.

Carl Soderstrom
System Administrator	307 Brighton Ave.
Minnesota DHIA		Buffalo, MN