Re: [TCLUG:7569] XEmacs customization

On 14 Aug, Tim Wilson wrote:
> Anyway, I've been scanning the extensive documentation (it's built-in, of
> course), and I can't figure out how to change my tab settings. I'd prefer
> my tabs to be about 3 spaces instead of 8. Anyone know how? Also, is there
> another good XEmacs reference out there anywhere? I have a feeling that I
> could spend a couple lifetimes learning this program.

(setq default-tab-width 3)
For help, use C-ha then type something in, say tab and then scan over
what's there.  For help on a function C-hf then the name of the
fucntion, it does tab completion.  For variables C-hv and the variable
name.  C-hi is also handy.  Puts you in info.
--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe