Re: [TCLUG:7575] More Multia stuff...

On 15 Aug, Ben Beuchler wrote:
> Question:  Since I don't have access to an external SCSI CD-ROM, can anyone
> point me to information on performing an FTP install of Linux?  I should
> have my DSL line in by the time I have my Multia up and running.  If not,
> I'll just set up an FTP server on my LAN...

For most distributions I've used it's the same as installing off a cd.
Create the boot disk, boot up, one of the first few questions is where
to install from, pick ftp.  Then it'll ask for your network card model,
address and dns, then you give it the site you want to install off of
and where in the directory tree to start and away you go.

--
Jon Schewe
http://eggplant.mtu.net/~jpschewe