Re: More Multia stuff...

>>> Anywho, I've been researching drive options for my lovely new Multia
and it appears that I can go one of four ways: 2.5" IDE, 3.5" IDE, 2.5"
SCSI, 3.5"  SCSI.  As I've read on several pages that the 3.5" options
tend to generate more heat than it can handle, I'm leaning towards the
2.5" IDE drive.

Be aware that many 2.5" IDE drives have no cache. This will hurt
performance.  Then again, they are pretty cheap and could do very nicely.

>>> Question:  Since I don't have access to an external SCSI CD-ROM, can
anyone point me to information on performing an FTP install of Linux?  I
should have my DSL line in by the time I have my Multia up and running.
If not, I'll just set up an FTP server on my LAN...

It's pretty simple, at least with Red Hat's install. Set up your FTP
server and away you go. If you can set up an FTP server, you can handle an
FTP install. Linuxberg and Real-Time have install mirrors you can use.
However, installing over a local LAN will still be much faster than DSL
(unless the Multia is the slow link, then it would be just as fast).

Chris Schumann <whizkid@dwave.net>

"I am a cipher, wrapped in an enigma, smothered in secret sauce."
  - Jimmy James, News Radio